RunAs, domain admin...

MFS

Hi all,

First of all, I'm new at this.

I'm having problem using the RunAs command. I want to install a program (.exe) with my domain admin account because the program is stored on a network share.

Normally I download the install package to local drive and then run the installation (RunAs) with local admin account, but this install is to big to download before installing.

If I download and use RunAs (with local account) the script works but if I change user to my domain account the scripts runs but the installation (xxxxx.exe) is not executed.

I have verified that my domain account has access to network share, as it should :mellow:

I have tried the different logon_flags 0, 1, 2 ,4 (didn't understand whats wrong so I tried them all :(

I have searched the forum but haven't found anything, I hope you can help me or point me in the right direction!

Thanx

Mfs

• Developers

Don't you download the full installer first when you perform RunAs() on it ?

Anyways: I would never ever use a Domain admin level account in a script from a security point of view!

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Normally I download the full installation to local disc and use RunAs (with local admin account), but this installation package is 1Gb. That's alot of data when having 200 pc's in the network.

Due to this amount (1Gb) I thought that I could run it from the network share directly. The problem is of course that local admin does not have security rights on the network share. I totally agree that it's not the best solution from a security point of view, so I think I will skip that solution, can't get it to work anyway...

Is there a better way of installing a program from a networkshare, without downloading to local disc before and without using domain admin account?

• Developers

Normally I download the full installation to local disc and use RunAs (with local admin account), but this installation package is 1Gb. That's alot of data when having 200 pc's in the network.

Due to this amount (1Gb) I thought that I could run it from the network share directly. The problem is of course that local admin does not have security rights on the network share. I totally agree that it's not the best solution from a security point of view, so I think I will skip that solution, can't get it to work anyway...

Is there a better way of installing a program from a networkshare, without downloading to local disc before and without using domain admin account?

... but tell me: what exactly happens when you do a RunAs() for the EXE of 1 GB on your share.I would think it is downloaded to the PC any ways.... yes/no? :mellow:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well, the .exe is not 1Gb (the installation files and folders contains 1Gb), but I quess there will be alot of network traffice anyway. anyway.

I will download to local disc and use RunAs with local admin.

Thanks for your quick help!!

The Rookie

• Developers

Well, the .exe is not 1Gb (the installation files and folders contains 1Gb), but I quess there will be alot of network traffice anyway. anyway.

I will download to local disc and use RunAs with local admin.

Thanks for your quick help!!

The Rookie

The advantage of first downloading it is that it will run much faster in general and you can keep things relative safe. :mellow: Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.