Sign in to follow this  
Fur

Image won't show in color

So I have this image map.bmp my DLL has generated and I'm trying to view with GuiCtrlCreatePic(), but it always shows in a grey scale. Is there something I'm missing?

The BMP may have an issue with the pallet or something, but every other tool I own will open it and display it just fine...

map.bmp

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("My GUI picture",150,150,-1,-1,$WS_SIZEBOX+$WS_SYSMENU) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$n=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Workingdir & "\map.bmp",0,0,100,100)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

Yes, its saved as 32 bit, which is supposed to actually only contain 24 bit worth of color, just each pixel is padded out by 8 extra bits. Just like 24 bit, its not supposed to contain a pallet. My code just uses LoadImage() to load them, which works fine for me. That is what I would assume is what AutoIt would use to load them, but apparently not!

I'll look at your code, thanks!

Hmm.. that's what I figured, you're saving as 24 bit. I prefer keeping mine in 32 bit, because all my code uses 32 bit DIBs for the raw speed in searching them in memory. I guess I can have it write out two versions one in 24 bit and one in 32 bit as a workaround. Maybe I can get BitBlt() to do the conversion for me..