help with gui conrols

Mohit

i want to ask that i have created the GUI window with buttons but how to specify that when i click on a button it should execute the certain code. the help file only tells how to create a GUI but like how to assign different functions to the buttons tabs etc we have created.

i want to ask that i have created the GUI window with buttons but how to specify that when i click on a button it should execute the certain code. the help file only tells how to create a GUI but like how to assign different functions to the buttons tabs etc we have created.

The simplest method is the GuiGetMsg() loop that waits until the control ID of the button comes up. Most of the GuiCtrlCreate* examples in the help file use this method, including the example under GuiCtrlCreateButton().

More advanced and more flexible is GuiOnEventMode (set by Opt(), see help file) where clicking on a button generates an event that interrupts the execution of the script to go handle that event. See the examples in the help file under GuiSetOnEvent() and GuiCtrlSetOnEvent().

These two methods are mutually exclusive. You have to pick one or the other and not try to mix them. GuiGetMsg() doesn't work while in GuiOnEventMode, and events will not not be triggered if not in that mode.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law