Sign in to follow this  
tnfezda

Drag-n-drop file then do

would it be or is it possible to drag-n-drop a file to and autoit program and then have it do something with that file?

here is what i am trying to do.

i want a way to drag-n-drop an .iso file and have it automatically mount using daemon tools.

thanks for any help with this.

would it be or is it possible to drag-n-drop a file to and autoit program and then have it do something with that file?

here is what i am trying to do.

i want a way to drag-n-drop an .iso file and have it automatically mount using daemon tools.

thanks for any help with this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes you can do this. You need to search in the help file for information on how to get parameters passed to your script from the command line. Dragging and dropping a file onto an autoit program results in that file and its path being regarded as the first parameter.

Look at the daemon tools web site for the command line arguments you can pass to the program. You will need to use autoit to create the appropriate command line.

edit: just did it again as its only a quick job:

$pathToDaemonTools  = "E:\misc\dtools\daemon.exe"
$pathToIso          = $CmdLine[1]

RunWait ( $pathToDaemonTools & ' -unmount 0' )
RunWait ( $pathToDaemonTools & ' -mount 0, "' & $pathToIso & '"' )

exit

You'd have to change $pathToDaemonTools to fit your system and compile it for it to run.

Edited by sjorrel

Thanks so much. I was actually working on it when you updated your post. So I guess we were working together....lol.

If you would like, when I get finished with the exe, I can email it to you. I am going to add some other features to it also.

Once again, thanks for helping.

Fez