Auto Installer Foreground Overlay

I have been making scripts for automated installation of software and have been wondering if there is a to overlay an image on the screen ("Standby, updating software" or something to that effect) to hide the automated workings of the script so that it does not intimidate the user therefore avoiding interruption. Most of the installers I an automating don't have a silent feature built in.

Combine BlockInput() to keep the user from interfering, with SplashTextOn() to tell them why. You can update the SplashTextOn() along the way, so they know about how much longer it will take.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Combine BlockInput() to keep the user from interfering, with SplashTextOn() to tell them why. You can update the SplashTextOn() along the way, so they know about how much longer it will take.

Will the splash interfer with the WinWaitActive() function? that's what I've been using thus for my auto installers

Example...

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 Setup","This wizard will guide you through the installation process.")
    ControlClick("Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 Setup","","[Class:Button; Instance:12]","left")
    WinWaitActive("Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 Setup","End-User License Agreement")
    ControlClick("Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 Setup","","[Class:Button; Instance:11]","left")
    sleep(500)

When you use ControlClick() and ControlSend() correctly you don't usually have to worry about the window being active, the way you would with MouseClick() and Send().

But in answer to your question: The splash text box could interfere with Send() or MouseClick() if it was positioned over the target window. Again, this would not be an issue with ControlSend() and ControlClick().

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law