Windows 7 compatibility - Au3Recorder

I have been away from this forum and Autoit for 4 years, but am back now. I reinstalled the products a few days ago (windows 7) and brought up Au3Recorder successfully and it worked fine, but now it will start and stop OK (and log that info), but does not record anything! Any help would be appreciated.

• 8 months later...

This thread is pretty old but I figure I'd mention all I did to fix mine was RENAME the Au3Record_x64.exe to something different. Then I changed the Au3Record.exe to Au3Record_x64.exe so bascially the 32bit version is working so I just renamed the 32bit to match what it was trying to launch for the 64bit version and works like a champ for me. Your macro capture will go right into the body of your editor when done recording IF you launched it from the editor's menu. If you launched it from the exe by itself.. you have a new window in the recorder that keeps the script which you then have to copy over to the editor. Thats the behavior I'm seeing on my Win 7 x64 system anyways.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

This may be an old thread. But it did put me on the right track!

Recently executing Au3Record.exe resulted in a "DLL load ERROR"!
Somebody in this thread mentioned anti-virus-software... and only than I remembered that I've recently installed Avast (Free).
And both Au3Record and Avast have an ASWhook.dll.
So that triggered me to turn the Avast Shields off (for a few minutes). And that worked for me.