Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capel

Launching AutoIT app with AutoIT app

8 posts in this topic

I have 2 AutoIT apps. I want the first app, with a GUI, to launch the second app. When the first app closes, I want to terminate the second app. BTW, the second app does not have a GUI. I searched for answers to this question, but did not find what I'm looking for.

Can anyone point me to a thread that discusses this topic or suggestions on how to monitor the second app so I know what to close?

In the first app, use OnAutoItExitRegister, http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/OnAutoItExitRegister.htm, to run a function that ends the second app.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

The second application is a polling app. Since AutoIT is not multi-threaded, I'm looking for a poor-man's way of polling without bogging down my main app.

Snowmaker, the on exit function could terminate the second app, if I can track a process id or something when the first app launches it.

. BTW, the second app does not have a GUI. I searched for answers to this question, but did not find what I'm looking for.

All Autoit3 scripts have a GUI.

Look at: AutoItWinSetTitle()

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

..if I can track a process id or something when the first app launches it.

Run

Return Value

Success: The PID of the process that was launched.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thanks for the responses. This gives me enough to get started.

Alright. Good luck.