Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foggy101

Copy HTML text in a excel file

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey,

Im new to autoit and i was wondering if any one could give me a lead on how to copy text from a website to a excel file.

if this helps, the website is www.cardbotmtgo.com i got the script to write the cards i need to search for i just need to know how to write the price of ea card in a excel file so that the card name is in column a and price in column 2 of the excel file. Thx for all your help

Simon

Edited by foggy101

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey,

Im new to autoit and i was wondering if any one could give me a lead on how to copy text from a website to a excel file.

if this helps, the website is www.cardbotmtgo.com i got the script to write the cards i need to search for i just need to know how to write the price of ea card in a excel file so that the card name is in column a and price in column 2 of the excel file. Thx for all your help

Simon

Hi Simon,

First off I didn't check out the site that you posted however what i expect you need to read up on is two UDF's

Excel.au3

IE.au3

Specifically you will need to use

_IEBodyReadText

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns the Text inside the <body> tag of the document.

_IEBodyReadHTML

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns the HTML inside the <body> tag of the document.

and

_ExcelBookNew

Creates new workbook and returns its object identifier.

_ExcelWriteCell

Write information to a cell on the active worksheet of the specified Excel object.

_ExcelWriteArray

Write an array to a row or column on the active worksheet of the specified Excel object.

Hope this gets you started on your way. Just a tip: if you need further help give it a try yourself and then post your code that you have tried.

Cheers

Edited by Negative1

What are we going to do tonight Brain?Same thing we do every night Pinky try to automate the world.

This is what i got so far, it searches for a card, and writes it in excel, now the only problem is that on that website its a javascript that gives the price i cant do a _IEBodyReadText, _IEBodyReadHTML at less what i am doing is not working, so is their a way to copy and paste the highlighted price and put it in excel? Thx a lot for your help!!!

#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookNew() ;Create new book, make it visible

Sleep(3000)

WinActivate("[CLASS:MozillaUIWindowClass]", "") ;open Firefox so i can seach for card

MouseClick("left", 400, 425) ;where the search box is

Send("Armament Master") ;name of card

Send("{enter}") ;enter to search

_ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, "Armament Master", 1, 1) ;Write to the Cell

Sleep(2000)

MouseClick("left", 400, 425)

Send("Arrow Volley Trap")

Send("{enter}")

_ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, "Arrow Volley Trap", 2, 1) ;Write to the Cell

Sleep(2000)

_ExcelBookSaveAs($oExcel, @DesktopCommonDir & "\m10excel.xls", "xls", 0, 1) ; Now we save it into the temp directory; overwrite existing file if necessary

as far as how to highlight the text that will be a little clunky but if the text is already highlighted use:

send("^C") ;to copy the text highlighted

$textString=clipget() ;to save the text stored in clipboard to a variable.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?Same thing we do every night Pinky try to automate the world.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

as far as how to highlight the text that will be a little clunky but if the text is already highlighted use:

send("^C") ;to copy the text highlighted

$textString=clipget() ;to save the text stored in clipboard to a variable.

what do i do with clipget()? i tried _ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $ArmamentMaster, 1, 2) ;Write to the Cell but it opens the css page source of that website. it does add the price besides the name in excel, but how come it open the css page source? Edited by foggy101

nvm got it to work, had a cap C so like CTRL+Shift C