Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamerman2360

Getting and Searching for Text

11 posts in this topic

I need something to look quickly for a sentence like "This sentence has * characters." in an html file read by IExplorer v6. Just something to look for the text not calculate it or anything. Then copy it to the clipboard.

Maybe "ClipPut(CurrentSelection)" but it says its not a function and i cant get it to select what I want, MouseClick or MouseClickDrag is bad because the sentence may move aound.

Use InetGet() to download the source to a file. Then search the file using StringInStr() and then put it in the clip board.

[u]Old Projects:[/u]A3MORGB2Hex[u]Old Functions:[/u]_TimeAdd/_TimeSub_AddComma_BubbleSort _RippleSort "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." - Elbert Hubbard.

Woooo.... A responce. Thanks, Ill try that.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Well is there a way for it to get it from the active page instead of the internet because the page I'm wanting changes.

Edited by gamerman2360

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

You could maybe use ControlGetText () on your current web browser, IE or Mozilla Firefox I'm guessing, to retrieve the text in address bar. Ofcourse you can type what ever you want in there and it will only go to the page if you hit enter or go or w/e. Which means that you might have the slight chance that the page you use InetGet() on might not be the current page you are viewing.

Edited by Burrup

[u]Old Projects:[/u]A3MORGB2Hex[u]Old Functions:[/u]_TimeAdd/_TimeSub_AddComma_BubbleSort _RippleSort "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." - Elbert Hubbard.

That wont help, the page... whats the word... it dynamically updates... something like that.

Sorry for being away. I don't visit fourms often.

Whats COM?

In the search? It dosn't find anything.

COM is in the beta features of AutoIt. You would have to download the beta version.

If the page dynamically updates then all you have to do is call the INetGet() every so often in a loop until you tell it to stop. Something like that.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)