data sources, possiably??

im not sure if this falls in in the 'general' help or 'gui' help, any way, i want to keep a list of 'users' in my script, but i don't really want to keep it in a file ,or ini, or anything like that, but im going to have buttons to edit the 'data source'. like delete, or create new 'users' is there any way to do this like the settings file in VS. im just trying to find the best way i can do this. thanks for all the hlep.

An array would be the usual way to keep the data during execution.

Are you talking about storage outside of script run-time, though? Because these two parts don't make sense together:

...i don't really want to keep it in a file ,or ini, or anything like that

...is there any way to do this like the settings file in VS.

:(

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

i suppose im not exactly sure either. basically i have a GUI with a Combo box and i want to populate that with users i help through out the day, but if necessary i want to be able to delete a user with out editing my code, i want to push a button that permanently deletes the user from the gui. im just trying to find the best way to do it.

Makes sense. You didn't say if you want the list to survive closing/restarting the script, though.

If not, just keep them in an array which can be edited on the fly and used to update the ComboBox.

If yes, then you have no choice but to store the list on disk SOMEWHERE.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law