Code doesn't work if obfuscated and compiled

Folks,

I don't understand why, but this code does not work ("Can't create timer") if obfuscated when compiled. Works fine intepreted and works fine if not obfuscated. Before anybody says... yes, I could simply not obfuscate it, however, I wish to do this. Can anybody offer a suggestion please?

BTW, running AutoIT 3.3.6.0.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <Timers.au3>

Global $MyTimerID, $SecondCounter

;******************************************

$MyTimerID = _Timer_SetTimer(WinGetHandle(AutoitWinGetTitle()), 1000, "CountSeconds") ; create timer - this works in compiled & interpreted mode

If $MyTimerID = 0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Debug", "Failed to create timer")
    Exit
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Debug", "$MyTimerID = " & $MyTimerID)
EndIf

; This is the callback func for the timer.

Func CountSeconds($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)
    #forceref $hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime

$SecondCounter += 1

ConsoleWrite("$SecondCounter = " & $SecondCounter & @CRLF)

EndFunc     ; End of Func CountSeconds()

Regards,

4Eyes

Edited by 4Eyes

Are you compiling this code inside the SciTE window with the newest version of AutoIt? When I do it, it gives me an error because of DLLCallbackRegister. This would be my best guess on why it won't work. Are you getting this error when you compile?

Hmm... Thats odd. When I compile it with the obfuscator option, I get this error:

-### Obfuscation Error: Found DllCallbackRegister() statement using unsolvable Func, which will/could lead to problems running your obfuscated script.
>### current Func: _Timer_SetTimer
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\include\Timers.au3(275,1) Warning for line:$hCallBack = DllCallbackRegister($sTimerFunc, "none", "hwnd;int;uint_ptr;dword") 

-#############################################################################################
-#### Obfuscator Found 1 Error(s)!!!!   This means your script could have problems running properly. ####
-#############################################################################################
+> Obfuscator v1.0.27.0 finished obfuscating 199 lines, stripped 203 comment lines. created:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script_Obfuscated.au3

Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

dantay9,

The output of your attempted compilation shows that you are running Obfuscator v1.0.27.0. I was running 1.0.25.something. Now with very latest 1.0.28.7 and the complete source code to the project I see the error you mentioned and a whole bunch more... isn't that just peachey! :(

Thanks for your help. I don't think I would have resolved this found this quickly otherwise.

This appears to be caused by using code that is not compatible with the current AutoIT version. I see probs with Execute(), (I'm not using it but is used by WinAPI which is being 'include'd), ObjEvent() and DllCallbackRegister() which is used internally by _Timer_SetTimer(). I won't complain as I'll bet that all of these have been doc'ed as changes between versions, and I have skimmed them. Now I need to consider going back to an earlier AutoIT version for this project or trying to find fixes.

Nah, I will have a whinge... Surely, WinAPI is commonly used. Has anybody else found issues here?

Regards,

4Eyes

Edited by 4Eyes