Folder does'n exists in Windows 7

I've written a freeware called "SyncITunes" to make a folder (with your subfolders) syncs with ITunes library.

It is listed in Download.com

My computer is Windows XP, but a user has written to me telling that SyncITunes doesn't works

in Windows 7.

I guess that his folder name contains space in its path string.

Is that any problem with FileChangeDir function in Windows 7, when exists space in the path string ?

The return to @OSVersion in Windows 7 is really WIN_2008?

I've Googled that 8.3 Short Name is turn off by default in Windows 7 system.

My AutoIt version is 3.3.0.0

Please, somebody can help me ?

FileChangeDir() works OK on Win7 AFAIK. Whitespace has never been an issue with FileChangeDir(). I use AutoIt 3.3.6.0 now though. If you have to guess the bug without the user informing you of the fault/symptom of the issue, then how can we help if you if you can only guess what might be the bug. The major difference between WinXP and Win7 is UAC. Do you guess that you account for the way UAC works and how it may affect your application?

Just Simple,

Thanks for your fast answer.

I don't think that UAC is a major trouble is that case.

The user complains that the software gives a message that the INI initial folder doesn't exists,

that it's related to the FileChangeDir calling. I guess that the folder should contains white space.

(He has selected edit .INI files instead to choose the path interactively)

The software is in http://download.cnet.com/SyncITunes/3000-18551_4-75156632.htm

The only action that the software does is reading files from a directory (that the users specifies)

and update, delete or add entries in the iTunes library, using the iTunes COM interface (it calls iTunes,

if necessary)

The EXE file is a stand-alone executable, It doesn't need any kind of setup, don't change the register, don't create icons, etc.

Now, I've updated AutoIt to 3.3.6.0 version.

Paulo Buchsbaum

PauloBuchsbaum,

Just Simple,

Sometimes it seems simple but you can name me by my nick MHz. :(

I don't think that UAC is a major trouble is that case.

The user complains that the software gives a message that the INI initial folder doesn't exists,

that it's related to the FileChangeDir calling. I guess that the folder should contains white space.

(He has selected edit .INI files instead to choose the path interactively)

I find that the edit ini button seems to work OK and if the ini is renamed, then it creates a new ini. Although I do not have itunes or an ipod to test extensively.

The software is in http://download.cnet.com/SyncITunes/3000-18551_4-75156632.htm

The only action that the software does is reading files from a directory (that the users specifies)

and update, delete or add entries in the iTunes library, using the iTunes COM interface (it calls iTunes,

if necessary)

The EXE file is a stand-alone executable, It doesn't need any kind of setup, don't change the register, don't create icons, etc.

Now, I've updated AutoIt to 3.3.6.0 version.

Paulo Buchsbaum

I spent some time time downloading and testing your app. The tests were done in Virtualbox using WinXP and Win7. I noticed odd behavior in both WinXP and Win7.

A list of what seems like bugs.

• Label "Select folder" is possibly overlapping the "..." button causing half of the button to be unresponsive.

• Label with the path does not always update. Select My Documents and does not update but select Desktop and it does update. This odd behavior is constant.

• Click "OK" button and says that any path it tries fails to exist.

• Click "View LOG" button always says no log file created.

• Red X button to close window fails to do anything.

• Title is "SYNCiTunes 1.0> Sync songs with iTunes - Great Solutions" but download.com mention version 1.1?
It seems not easy to guess a issue when faced with so many issues. Debugging binaries by guessing is not easy either.

• 2 months later...

Dear Mhz

Thanks for testing my small piece of software and discover some mistakes

Label "Select folder" is possibly overlapping the "..." button causing half of the button to be unresponsive.

I correct this, it's a simple field overlapping

Label with the path does not always update. Select My Documents and does not update but select Desktop and it does update. This odd behavior is constant.

Some folders have "read only" attribute. I've corrected this too.

Click "OK" button and says that any path it tries fails to exist.

Weird! For me it works perfectly. The first thing that the soft does is open iTunes and go through the songs.

If you can, say more details.

Click "View LOG" button always says no log file created.

The soft just create the log after running.

Red X button to close window fails to do anything.

The X is unabled. The right way to exit is pressing <ESC> or CANCEL button

Title is "SYNCiTunes 1.0> Sync songs with iTunes - Great Solutions" but download.com mention version 1.1?

You are right! Now, the last version is 1.2.

I'm updating the last version from 1.2 to 1.21 for correct this points.

Paulo Buchsbaum