Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimg

Adding an icon for executable?

7 posts in this topic

I'd like to send an EXE version of a script to a friend, and have it link to an icon of my choice. Ideally, I'd like to provide it in a form that when clicked, will install a desktop shortcut (with my icon) to a Program File folder, but I'll settle for the icon association if they create a shortcut on their own. I guess I need to look into installers...

I'd like to send an EXE version of a script to a friend, and have it link to an icon of my choice. Ideally, I'd like to provide it in a form that when clicked, will install a desktop shortcut (with my icon) to a Program File folder, but I'll settle for the icon association if they create a shortcut on their own. I guess I need to look into installers...

If you just compiled the exe with the custom icon wouldn't that solve the shortcut issue also?

Maybe I'm not getting your question though.

I think you're misjudging my level of expertise. I do some things well, but software isn't one of them.

What does "compile with the icon" mean? I looked at the FileInclude function, and it seemed it just carry a file along and unload it later. No indication that a shortcut would assume the icon, etc.

Just go to AutoIT Directory, find Aut2Exe directory and launch Aut2Exe.exe. There you may simply choice icon and compile your *.au3

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Except it didn't work ! The icon (.ico) file is in the same directory as the script (.au3) file. The status window doesn't mention anything except the File size statistics.