Adding an icon for executable?

jimg

I'd like to send an EXE version of a script to a friend, and have it link to an icon of my choice. Ideally, I'd like to provide it in a form that when clicked, will install a desktop shortcut (with my icon) to a Program File folder, but I'll settle for the icon association if they create a shortcut on their own. I guess I need to look into installers...

I'd like to send an EXE version of a script to a friend, and have it link to an icon of my choice. Ideally, I'd like to provide it in a form that when clicked, will install a desktop shortcut (with my icon) to a Program File folder, but I'll settle for the icon association if they create a shortcut on their own. I guess I need to look into installers...

If you just compiled the exe with the custom icon wouldn't that solve the shortcut issue also?

Maybe I'm not getting your question though.

I think you're misjudging my level of expertise. I do some things well, but software isn't one of them.

What does "compile with the icon" mean? I looked at the FileInclude function, and it seemed it just carry a file along and unload it later. No indication that a shortcut would assume the icon, etc.

Add this at top of your script

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=your_icon.ico

put your_icon.ico into script directory (needed at compile time only)

and then compile your script from full Scite4Autoit3 (by F7)

Now your compiled EXE script contains your icon and it's visible also when you create shortcut to your EXE file.

• 10 years later...

I had the exact same issue with the generic icon on the executable, and adding that line 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=your_icon.ico

...doesn't help when I compile (or build) from inside SciTE.exe editor.

However, what solved the issue for me was compiling from the specialized utility Aut2Exe_x64.exe, where you can select the specific icon you want. In my installation of AutoIt3, that utility is in the subdirectory C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\ 

That worked like a charm!

You have to install/use FULL Scite4AutoIt3 editor for using AutoIt3Wrapper directives.

Or use Pragma directives (Icon) instead (this is possible only in new versions of AutoIt, not at year 2010)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords/pragma.htm

#pragma compile(Icon, your_icon.ico)

Edited by Zedna

• 1 year later...
On 20/04/2010 at 06:10, Makaule said:

Basta ir ao Diretório AutoIT, encontrar o diretório Aut2Exe e iniciar o Aut2Exe.exe. Lá você pode simplesmente selecionar o ícone e compilar seu arquivo *.au3

How many days wanting to do this now simple can it be worth it

• Developers

@isaias, As you have been told: This is an English speaking forum so:

• Do NOT post translated Quotes into a reply
  • Try to make some English sentences that makes sense as this last sentence sounds like a question, be is totally unclear what you are trying to tell us. ;) 

So please try again.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)