Compiling with Icon for use in Windows 7

I've taken a look through a few dozen topics via the search function here in this forum, but I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar dilemma.

I regularly make icons of various sizes. Everything from 16x16 to 256x256. I've successfully used these when compiling in other scripting languages, but I wanted to try out AutoIt because it seems like it's a lot faster to accomplish what I need done. So far, so good. I'm very happy with it.

Anyway, to the dilemma. When I compile and select a .ico file, it will attach ONLY the 16x16 (32 bit color) version of the icon. When viewing the .exe in a folder in Windows 7, it usually looks for the 48x48 icon, which for some reason still defaults to the standard AutoIt icon. This is the same with shortcuts. No icon is available unless you choose "small" or "list" views, which show the 16x16 icon. I even downloaded the standalone SciTE editor and used

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=gear.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=test.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=gear.ico

I'm really stumped. I even took other color depths out of the icon and recompiled, but nothing seems to fix it. I'm pretty sure there's something I'm doing wrong.

Aha... it turns out that the AutoIt compiler doesn't like .ico files made by the ico plug-in for CS4. I ran my PNGs through IcoFX and the exe icon works like a charm!

Sorry to waste time. I was sure this was an AutoIt issue since this particular icon has been used in a handful of executables I've made from VB to VDS to C#. I really like AutoIt. It's way faster to write a little executable to do monotonously repetitive tasks when I can't use something super basic like batch. I think the reason I like it so much is SciTE. It has everything from auto-completion of macros and functions to defining proper syntax of functions as I'm typing them. Why hasn't anyone else mentioned SciTE on any of the major interpreted language boards yet? It's the best thing for productivity since dual monitors :idea: