Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
olirav

TCPRecv Exit problem

4 posts in this topic

Before I begin - I am useless at GUI. Sorry if i'm missing something obvious

Am using a modified version of the TCPRecv example file and have encountered a problem, in that the close button does not work.

I then went back and tested the original example helpfile script, and that has exaactly the same problem. ???

I know this is caused by a running loop, however there seems to already be the $msg = GUIGetMsg() ..... coding to make it work.

So I short how can I fix the help file script. ??????

Oli

The example is trapped in the Do/Until loop until a client connects. Until that happens, the GuiGetMsg() loop is not running. Once a client connects, then closing the GUI should work fine.

:idea:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The example is trapped in the Do/Until loop until a client connects. Until that happens, the GuiGetMsg() loop is not running. Once a client connects, then closing the GUI should work fine.

Thanks thats saved me a headache.

Is there anyway to make the exit work regardless

Oli

Use event mode for the GUI. See GuiSetOnEvent() in the help file for an example.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law