New to AutoIt - Wondering if it can handle this?

Hello All,

Thanks for reading my post and appreciate your response.

We have a specific issue, we have a Windows based application communicating via CORBA to a 3rd party system. Needless to say, we have NO access to the API and/or any support. We'd like to automate part of this data entry that happens on this application.

The question is can we do the following:

2- open the Windows application and enter the steps need to logon

1- open a separate text file and loop through and process the steps below - this file has the info which we will enter in to the Windows application

3- cut & paste info from the text file above to specific fields on the screen form

4- submit

5- update some text file or database with the successful tag of this line from text file

5- loop back for another line from text and get another line and repeat from line #3

I had used AutoMate but it is very "temperamental" and I need to use something more industrial based. We could do this more than 10,000 times in a day (rows in the text file)

Thank you again.

Q

Yes, you can very easily do all those. I suggest you read more on the functions/topics (in the help file) I post with the numbers.

2- Run()/ winwaitactive()

1- fileopen() / fileread() / filereadline()

3- see (1) / send() / controlsend()

4- see (1) / filewriteline() / _sql... functions (for db)

5- see (1) / (3)

Your question is a very common occurance in these forums as well I have no doubt if you search (even just the last few days) you'll find a workable solution to everything you want to do.

I'm pretty new to autoit too. But for what I see there, Yes, autoit should handle it with no problem. It's a scripting language made mainly to automate things, also if you can do much other things. Should not be too hard to write what you said.

Protip: Put a more precise title next time if you want to receive answers.

Titles like: "Hey I'm new! Help about this", "Check this out", "I can't make this work" are not likely to be considered. Something like "Interacting and automatizing with CORBA software" or something more specific is better.

Also, next time check help file before asking, as this answers to your question:

AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying "runtimes" required!

AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.

which is the first paragraph you encounter when opening help file.

Bye. Didn't intended to be rude if I gave you this sensation.

Edited by niubbone