Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not true.

Reference count is important.

What if I do:

DllOpen("mydll.dll")

DllCall("mydll.dll", ...)

?

Clutching at straws with boxing gloves to generate context, not at all like you dude.

Ed:

As for Mobius... you are very uninteresting person, almost boring.

:mellow: Aw shucks trancexx everybody knows that, no need to project. I'm just a kitty chasing tardy threads. Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Active in your situation. However, you are wasting time opening and closing the dll and incrementing and decrementing the reference count. Bad code can illustrate a number of situations quite easily but that doesn't make it a good thing.

Good.

It's irrelevant to what I waste my time in this situation. The quality of code is irrelevant too. Also I have no doubt you see my point and the purpose of the code.

For some others to draw conclusions.

As for Mobius... you are very uninteresting person, almost boring.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I think we've seen enough.

• We should all be able to agree that using correctly written code will produce an unpack operation each time the DLL is invoked using the DllCall("dll_name.dll") syntax.
  • We should all be able to agree that well written code will have at most one unpack operation when the DLL is attached during DllOpen(). The DLL will not be released (DllClose() until it's usefulness is complete so each subsequent call of DllCall() does not require unpacking.
  • We should all be able to agree that poorly written code can be used to demonstrate alternate possibilities but that such code should not be used in the real-world. If such basic mistakes are made in a real-world application then it is not a stretch to fathom other more fundamental mistakes have been made rendering the DllOpen()/DllCall() mistake moot.
I don't see where this particular tangent needs to continue.