AutoIt Remote Desktop Control

Just to be clear, is there no way to access an internal window or control in a Remote Desktop session with AutoIT? For instance: it's not possible to use ControlSend to access a Notepad instance running in a Remote Desktop session.

Basically you have to hope that whatever internal window Remote Desktop has focused is the one you are looking for.

Just to be clear, is there no way to access an internal window or control in a Remote Desktop session with AutoIT? For instance: it's not possible to use ControlSend to access a Notepad instance running in a Remote Desktop session.

Basically you have to hope that whatever internal window Remote Desktop has focused is the one you are looking for.

Nope. AFAIK. Best you can do is use the mousemove and mouseclick options. Alternatively run the script within the RDP session which will give you access to the controls.

Nope. AFAIK. Best you can do is use the mousemove and mouseclick options. Alternatively run the script within the RDP session which will give you access to the controls.

Just what I thought Indy, thanks. I wonder is there any other way of communicating and automating RDP sessions with VB or COMs...

There is a API for RDP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383468(v=VS.85).aspx.

But it likely doest do what you want. I can't think of a good use case for automating an RDP session. You'd either run an automation script inside the RDP session, or make any necessary changes to files/registry remotely.

This particular RDP session is so locked down that there is no possiblity for enabling scripts to be executed remotely or making changes to the registry. Thanks for that link though, looks interesting!