Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snandaca

Q about inline scripting / macro

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I wanted to know if Autoit supports inline scripting i.e. if it replaces a code block with a predefined macro. Basically, I am doing a comparison from several different places / files. In order to maintain it more easily, I would like it to be a an inline macro. I am currently using a function call but a macro would make it faster. I am looking for something like:

$ans=GetPixelColor(x, y)

#checkans($ans)

where #checkans would get replaced by when executing as follows:

if ($ans = $color) then

$pass = $pass + 1

end if

Is this supported by Autoit? Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Nanda

snandaca,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :idea:

Is this supported by Autoit?

Not that I know of.

But why would it be faster than a function anyway? You still have to write the macro/function once and the calling line each time so I can see little difference in typing time. And if we are talking execution time, the difference will be minimal - AutoIt is not exactly a speed demon, after all. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Global $i_default_color = 0xFF00FF
Global $i_pass = 0
Global $ans = PixelGetColor(100, 200)
checkans($ans)

Func checkans($i_color)
    If $i_color = $i_default_color Then
        $i_pass += 1
    EndIf
EndFunc

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Thanks for the response. Usually the macro is faster since it is compiled into the script. My main reason was I am doing hundreds of comparison and so thought I could speed it up a bit but function works as well.

And kudos to all the people who developed / are developing still Autoit. It's a great program.

Regards,

Nanda

"Compiled" in that sense doesn't apply to AutoIt.

You could also put _checkans() (leading underscore for convention's sake) and many other such functions like SmOke_N's example in a file and add them to your script with #include <MyOwnMacros.au3>.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law