Remap Right Shift to Left Shift

Hello team,

What I need to do?

Remap Right Shift to Left Shift so pressing Right Shift will act as if Left Shift was pressed.

Why?.

I am using synergy+ to control several computers with the same mouse and keyboard but here is the problem, if there is a Remote Desktop on the controlled computer, right shift doesn't work inside this remote desktop but left shift works as expected, that's the reason I need to remap right shift (it is a known synergy bug).

What I tried?

Actually every example about remap keys found on this forum but none works fine (or more correctly I can't made it to work :mellow:) for shift nor alt keys. I was trying to remap Left Alt to Right Alt because it is easier to check whether the remap is working fine (for example: you can press Left Alt + 2 and check if @ is being writed correctly).

Some wrong examples but as I said I tried a lot of things and now after a few hours I don't know even what I tried :P :

#include <Misc.au3>
#cs
Left Shift:     A0
Right Shift:    A1
Left Alt:       A4
Right Alt:      A5
#ce
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
While 1
    If _IsPressed("A4") Then
    Send("{RALT}")
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
DllClose($dll)

HotKeySet("{LALT}","_ChangeMap")
HotKeySet("{ESC}","_Quit")

While 1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func _ChangeMap()
    Send("{RALT}")
EndFunc

Func _Quit()
Exit
EndFunc

Workaround: I can easily remap Right shift to Left shift modifying/adding registry key "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout\Scancode Map" with REG_BINARY value "0x0000000000000000020000002A00360000000000" but this change requires a reboot and the change will be permanent. Just in case you need more info about how to remap keys this way, take a look to this web page. And if someone wants some GUI to do it there are some excellent programs, sharpkeys (this one has source code available) & KeyTweak are two of them.

Thank you all in advance for you time and support.

sahsanu

• 1 year later...

Hello team,

What I need to do?

Remap Right Shift to Left Shift so pressing Right Shift will act as if Left Shift was pressed.

Why?.

I am using synergy+ to control several computers with the same mouse and keyboard but here is the problem, if there is a Remote Desktop on the controlled computer, right shift doesn't work inside this remote desktop but left shift works as expected, that's the reason I need to remap right shift (it is a known synergy bug).

What I tried?

Actually every example about remap keys found on this forum but none works fine (or more correctly I can't made it to work :)) for shift nor alt keys. I was trying to remap Left Alt to Right Alt because it is easier to check whether the remap is working fine (for example: you can press Left Alt + 2 and check if @ is being writed correctly).

Some wrong examples but as I said I tried a lot of things and now after a few hours I don't know even what I tried ;) :

#include <Misc.au3>
#cs
Left Shift:     A0
Right Shift:    A1
Left Alt:       A4
Right Alt:      A5
#ce
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
While 1
    If _IsPressed("A4") Then
    Send("{RALT}")
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
DllClose($dll)

HotKeySet("{LALT}","_ChangeMap")
HotKeySet("{ESC}","_Quit")

While 1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func _ChangeMap()
    Send("{RALT}")
EndFunc

Func _Quit()
Exit
EndFunc

Workaround: I can easily remap Right shift to Left shift modifying/adding registry key "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout\Scancode Map" with REG_BINARY value "0x0000000000000000020000002A00360000000000" but this change requires a reboot and the change will be permanent. Just in case you need more info about how to remap keys this way, take a look to this web page. And if someone wants some GUI to do it there are some excellent programs, sharpkeys (this one has source code available) & KeyTweak are two of them.

Thank you all in advance for you time and support.

sahsanu

Here there is my code for AutoHotKey:

RShift::

SendInput {LShift DownTemp}

Loop

{

Sleep, 10

GetKeyState, state, RShift, P

If state = U

Break

}

SendInput {LShift Up}

Return

I know it's late but can be useful.

I know it's late but can be useful.

"27 May 2010" ... only just over a year late. And AutoHotKey code? Your sure you did not mixed up forums. As this is the AutoIt forum.

:)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

"27 May 2010" ... only just over a year late. And AutoHotKey code? Your sure you did not mixed up forums. As this is the AutoIt forum.

:)

One year I know .. but the guy seemed desperate, and Autoit AutoHotkey are similar. ASD