Identifying a window without the "Title"

Hello guys.

I'm trying to detect a window dat comes up with a popup to login.

its just a windows application. i am able to detect the mother windows on class.

is there a way to detect if the windows comes up with the popup for the login. without useing the windows name?

i already know the login windows size is smaller maby i can use that?

plz advice me

Greetz Yucatan

yeah but i dont wanne trust on that to

because the application can be installed in many langwiches

Maybe it's a gross method, but if you really don't want to use windows handles reading, a PixelSearch or PixelGetColor should do for you. That way you won't need any windows handles.

Maybe it's a gross method, but if you really don't want to use windows handles reading, a PixelSearch or PixelGetColor should do for you. That way you won't need any windows handles.

its not that i dont wanne use windows handles reading. i dont wanne use the title. because that is different because u can install it in many langwiches.

if possible i wanne use a windows handle.

the problem is that the main window is coming with a popup thats the login screen.

i wanne detect when that login screen comes up.

i dont wanne use windows title for that because thats not possible.

somebody any advice?

greetz

Yucatan

If you can't see something that will serve as a fairly secure way to identify the window you might be able to combine some methods.

Lets say you detect a window of the right class opening, but you're not sure if it's the window you want. You could then count the amount and type of controls in that window to see if it matched. For instance your usual login window would have 2 inputs for the username and password and 2 buttons for login and cancel.

You could also run the window title through a list of possible titles based on languages. This would be easiest if the program uses localisation files you can read.

There might still be a better way though.