Using Images in Bartpe

Hi,

I am a autoIT newbie, and looking to use compiled scripts in BartPE. So far I haven't been able to get simple tests of the GuiCtrlCreatePic to work under BartPE. Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

I am using the compile option in the editor to create an executable, and the "test.gif" lives next to it. Running from windows it works just fine, but from BarPE I see no image.

Thanks,

Josh

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

;Set options
    Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
    Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)
;Create GUI Window
    GUICreate("My Test of Images", 600, 300) 
;Graphic
GuiCtrlCreatePic("test.gif",0,0, 600,78)
    GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked")
;Displays the window
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; Enter an infinite loop
    While 1
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd

Func CLOSEClicked()
    Exit
EndFunc

post-58225-12754080990147_thumb.gif

ImgTest.au3

Hey Josh,

I'm not using AutoIt with BartPE myself, but I have seen several other posts in these forums about the interaction of those two items. Most of the problems in the posts seemed to be related to BartPE missing some of the normal DLLs and system resources since it is a stripped down version of a normal Windows system. Since you mentioned that your program works fine under normal Windows, but not under BartPE I would expect that the same is probably true for your program.

Regards,

Craig

ItjKt1,

Bitmap images are supported by the standard BartPE system but not jpg or gif when using GuiCtrlCreatePic.

You could probably reintroduce certain system dll's and re-image BartPE or use third party image libraries to achieve what you want, but I just use bmp's.

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png