Sign in to follow this  
abhishek

File transfer client using TCP

abhishek

Hi All,

I am using autoit from quite some time for automating my day to day tasks and some other automation related stuff and recently got stuck in a problem.

@GOAL : I want to create a script through which i can transfer large files say in GBs from one system to another in my network and i want to create a GUI also for this. i know this can be achieved by using TCP or UDP connection but the thing is i dun want to use a client server type for architecture.

i want it to work in such way that the sender and the receiver both use the same compiled script and it should behave like source and destination depending on purpose.

@PROBLEM : Now the problem , i tried to achieve it through TCP and was marginally successful that the files are getting transfered from on system to another but if the file size exceeds say 1 GB i get out of memory error. i want to start streaming the file at source end and then reassemble it at the destination so that i don't have to read and load the whole file in my systems memory.

please share your thoughts on this ,

thanks in advance,

abhishek

XRS

I'm not a master in TCP & UDP connections ( really don't understand anything ), but, reading what you mean, files bigger than 1GB you get an error.

Why don't you try to make the following.

File = 1GB

Sending method -

1. Read 200MB from file (make cue point after 200MB), begin sending.

2. When the system sent's 100MB, let the cue point read more 200MB (total = 400 / Sent = 100 ) 300 diference.

3. When system sent's 300MB, let it get more 200MB ( total = 500 / Sent = 300 ) 200 difference.

This way maybe you don't get any memory error. = )