how do you use a udf?

when using a udf in your script:

1. where do you put the udf file

2. when compiling your script should you just compile normal like when not using a udf or must the udf file be added to the exe

3. if it must be added must you copy and past all the code from udf to your app or must include the udf file inside your exe?

any one that decides to answer me with an answer please explain thoroughly cause i am a noob autoit programmer. thanks

Se #Include in the help file. You just include it at the top of your script with #Include<someufg.au3> and call the functions in that udf the same as any other function. You don't copy them any place, When the script is compiled that file will be included right along with it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Se #Include in the help file. You just include it at the top of your script with #Include<someufg.au3> and call the functions in that udf the same as any other function. You don't copy them any place, When the script is compiled that file will be included right along with it.

so must the udf file be in the same directory as my script? or in autoit install folder.

edit: never mine i see that you just have to include the path to the udf. thanks for the help

Edited by Tiboi