Full Source Code available?

Hi there,

I hope this is not an RTFM. Anyway I give it a shot ;-))

According to the FAQs the source code is available. However, it seems there

are some parts missing, e.g. I can't find the code for "ControlListView" in the

latest source on http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/.

Is ControlListView part of the beta code, which is probably not published?

Also in the FAQs:

"The public version of the source code will be similar to the private/binary version but with some functionality removed."

Can somebody please explain, what's the exact difference between public and

private source code and what functionality is removed an why?

Thanks

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

And for those that make a meaningful contribution and earn trust, the rest of the code becomes available.

O.K.

Thanks

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I think the private source is on EBay with a reserve of $1,000,000...

but seriously... others were taking the source to create uncomplimentary softwares... so... now enough code has been released to help developers add to the script engine. And for those that make a meaningful contribution and earn trust, the rest of the code becomes available.

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does this mean? Like viruses and trojans? Or commercial, closed software? Or something else?

-John

It means that people used to take the source of the language, rewrite it, and sell it to people. They took the source away to keep from more people doing that, but have released limited source so that others who want to 'contribute' can contribute.

If only I understood enough C++ to write that stupid MD5()...It will be done soon!

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())