Sharepoint Web Parts

Good morning,

I have a question about Share point Web Parts using Autoit. I do not have any started code, my question actually revolves around if it can even actually be done.

Problem:

I have been asked to automate some information from server all over the US

I have already created a script that grabs the information I need daily off the remote server and brings it back to my “Home Server”

I have then created an Excel document that reads in all that data per server creates a graph and then publishes the graphs as HTML to a share point site.

For the most part the server list is fairly stagnant, but I would like to create the script so that I can base it on a server list.

2 things I would like to code

1. Keeping the web parts updated (Checking one list to see if the sites exist)

2. Create the Share point web part and change its settings if it doesn’t exist with a standard of the other sites.

I am not asking for someone to code this for me, I just want to know if this can be done and maybe a starting point. I know the logic of how I want to do it, just if it can be done.

Thank you

Schmitty

Edited by Schmitty

I've been modifying a SharePoint 2007 site via the web-based admin site using the _IE* functions of the IE.au3 UDF. This is a hack and I know it. There are more direct interfaces, but they appear to depend on for-cost SDK stuff I don't have.

If you are working with many sites, and therefore presumably have at least some budget, the first things to investigate are the SDK/Automation tools from Microsoft for admin of the particular product(s) you are working with.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You can also use the Web Services interface for SharePoint. I have played a little with this but have not put together anything productive with it. For more information, search online or download the Sharepoint SDK. For SharePoint 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6D94E307-67D9-41AC-B2D6-0074D6286FA9&displaylang=en There are also SDKs available for 2003 and 2010

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I haven't found any COM interface to use yet. Some examples from the SDK make SOAP calls via MSSOAP.SOAPCLient, but after XP the SOAP Client is replaced with .NET, so it's not available on my servers. Does that leave any interface that AutoIt (or VBScript, for that matter) would have access to, or do I need to give up and learn VB.NET for this?

:mellow:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law