Sign in to follow this  
Shiro

Get FireFox version

Shiro

hi

can anyone tell how to get Firefox version?

PsaltyDS

Sounded handy so I tried this:

$sFF_Key = "HKCU\Software\Classes\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command"
$sFF_OpenCmd = RegRead($sFF_Key, "") ; Default
ConsoleWrite("$sFF_OpenCmd = " & $sFF_OpenCmd & @LF)
If StringLeft($sFF_OpenCmd, 1) = '"' Then
    $sFF_OpenCmd = StringMid($sFF_OpenCmd, 2, StringInStr($sFF_OpenCmd, '"', 0, 2) - 2)
    ConsoleWrite("$sFF_OpenCmd = " & $sFF_OpenCmd & @LF)
    $sFF_Ver = FileGetVersion($sFF_OpenCmd, "ProductVersion")
    ConsoleWrite("$sFF_Ver = " & $sFF_Ver & @LF)
EndIf

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Shiro

$ffv = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox", "CurrentVersion"
MsgBox(64, "Firefox Version", $ffv, 10)

is it not ok?

PsaltyDS

Absolutely. That is certainly more direct and efficient.

I only looked for a key that would give the file path if it was installed to a non-default location.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Shiro

Thanx

ripdad

MsgBox(0,'',FileGetVersion(@ProgramFilesDir & '\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe', 'ProductVersion'))

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

PsaltyDS

MsgBox(0,'',FileGetVersion(@ProgramFilesDir & '\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe', 'ProductVersion'))
Assumes it was installed to the default location. This is exactly the error I was trying to avoid. In the process, I didn't catch the much more direct answer Shiro arrived at.

ripdad

PsaltyDS,

yes true

I think Shiro is missing something in code though

take care

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

PsaltyDS

I think Shiro is missing something in code though

Yeah, closing paren; but we'll call that a typo 'gimme and not discuss it so as not to draw attention...