Browse for Folder dialog

Is there any way to change position and/or size of the Browse for Folder dialog produced by FileSelectFolder command. The problem is that once the dialog shows up, the script freezes until a button is clicked. If it is not possible, I think this option should be implemented in the future versions.

On the related subjecgt it would be nice to change the properties (such as transparency for example) of the message boxes generated by MsgBox command. Right now I don't think it is possible for the same reasons as for Browse for Folder. Can it be done short of writing my own GUI?

Thanks

Is there any way to change position and/or size of the Browse for Folder dialog produced by FileSelectFolder  command.  The problem is that once the dialog shows up, the script freezes until a button is clicked.  If it  is not possible, I think this option should be implemented in the future versions.

On the related subjecgt it would be nice to change the properties (such as transparency for example) of the message boxes generated by MsgBox command.  Right now I don't think it is possible for the same reasons as for Browse for Folder.  Can it be done short of writing my own GUI?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems that no-one has answered this one.

The FileSelectFolder dialog, Msgbox (and also FileOpenDialog and FileSaveDialog) are the Windows API default dialog boxes. They are not an AutoIt GUI elements. So you can't make modification to their sizes or transparancy.

So you have indeed to create your own GUI 'custom' dialogs for these.

Regards,

-Sven

It seems that no-one has answered this one.

The FileSelectFolder dialog, Msgbox (and also FileOpenDialog and FileSaveDialog) are the Windows API default dialog boxes. They are not an AutoIt GUI elements.  So you can't make modification to their sizes or transparancy.

So you have indeed to create your own GUI 'custom' dialogs for these.

Regards,

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I was able to do it. Not in the most elegant way though. What I did was to create an executable which waits for Browser for Folder window to open using 'WinWait ' command. It is run from main program right before FileSelectFolder command using 'Run' command. Since it is separate executable called from the script, it doesn't get paused and able to perform changes on Browser for Folder window once it appears.