Hash Table UDF

mrider

These are some really cool functions. might use these in one of my programs to generate a hash where the key is the title and the data is the handle.

Good Job! :(

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Yes okay.. my basic concept that it is a small kind of database is correct from the explanations above. Thanks for the information as well as the UDF. I may or may not find use for it. Looks good though.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 3 years later...

I worked for years in PERL and Hashes are awesome in that language. I missed not having them here but perhaps this HASH TABLE UDF may solve it. Autoit should make it native in the language. It is a very powerful feature. In fact I wrote a program to help my wife and wrote it in perl using hashes. But she needs a cover function so it is windows-like and hence I wrote her that in Autoit. I used PERL mostly on windows platforms (MSDOS) and to some degree under UNIX. Perl is a great language for processing text and more.

A hash for those who want to know it is an access method of sorts. You have a table in memory with the key to the table

as your hash key and the data portion is mapped to that key. So it is stored as pairs (key,data) in the hash. The data can be text, binary, a pointer etc. The data is stored with its key randomly in the hash and the concept of sequentially reading it meaningless. But you can sort a hash by its keys or by its data. In Perl, the language is optimized for hashes and they are very very fast to work with.

Could you explain the difference between all three things you are wanting... and how a hash table differs from a database?

Thanks,

JS