Installing ITUNES 9.1.1 using AutoIT and SCCM Package Deployment

Hello,

I've compiles the following AutoIT script to automate the installation process for ITUNES.

This seems to work perfect when I double click on the compile AutoIT code, however when I deploy the AutoIT Script for ITUNES setup using SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) 2007, the installation seems to be successful, however the AutoIT script never exists causing SCCM software package to time out. It's like its waiting for some king of input.

After SCCM Times Out during the install - I log into the PC and it seems ITUNES was successfully installed. One thing I did notice, the desktop icon for ITunes was created when I specifically stated within the script to not create the desktop icon.

Since I know ITunes actually gets installed, is there any way to forcefully close this autoit script? Or any other suggestions to modify my code?

Please excuse this question if it's simple - I'm new to scripting! :blink:

Thanks!

-Matt

Here is a sample of my autoit script:

-------------------

run("itunessetup.exe")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Welcome to the iTunes Installer")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Welcome to the iTunes Installer", "&Next >")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement", "I &accept the terms in the license agreement")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement", "&Next >")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options")

controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Add iTunes and QuickTime shortcuts to my desktop", "UnCheck")

controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Use iTunes as the default player for audio files", "UnCheck")

controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Automatically update iTunes and other Apple software", "UnCheck")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "&Install")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.")

controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.", "Open iTunes after the installer exits.", "UnCheck")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.", "&Finish")

ShadYCDN,

Add Exit to the end of your code.

For example:

run("itunessetup.exe")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Welcome to the iTunes Installer")
controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Welcome to the iTunes Installer", "&Next >")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement")
controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement", "I &accept the terms in the license agreement")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "License Agreement", "&Next >")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options")
controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Add iTunes and QuickTime shortcuts to my desktop", "UnCheck")
controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Use iTunes as the default player for audio files", "UnCheck")
controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "Automatically update iTunes and other Apple software", "UnCheck")

controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Installation Options", "&Install")

winwait("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.")
controlcommand("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.", "Open iTunes after the installer exits.", "UnCheck")
controlclick("iTunes + QuickTime", "Congratulations.", "&Finish")

Exit

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****