Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Workplane

FMECA for AutoIT

2 posts in this topic

All,

I have a requirement to shutdown a specific pop-up window when ever it is opened by an application (Catia V5 from Dassault Systemes).

I have been advised that AutoIT will meet my needs.

I'm in the process of trying to get our IT department to agree to it being loaded on upto 6 PC (they have advised me this is within the terms the AutoIT licence).

AutoIT is not part of our normal environment and so won't be going through our normal testing and approval processs.

Because of this IT have suggested that a FMECA would be appropriate (Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis).

-> Has anyone done something similar (FMECA) that they could share with me?

I'm a humble Mechanical Engineer, who just wants to run the Application (Catia V5) in batch several thousand times. The problem is it opens a pop-up for 1% of parts and stops the lot. I'm a bit out of my depth with some of the potential dangers of running AutoIT without it having been tested locally.

Please understand this isn't a slur on AutoIT, its just not a software our people are familiar with.

AutoIT will be loaded to a Vista 64 PC in a mixed environment of Windows and Solaris and HP-UX.

Cheers

Geoff.

Installation of AutoIt to the workstation is not required. AutoIt can "compile" a script, which just means packing the script together with the interpreter binary into a single .exe file. The same thing done by Perl2Exe for Perl scripting language.

I doubt you'll find a completed analysis of the AutoIt Interpreter binary already done. Also, if it's a formal requirement, it would have to be repeated every time a new version came out. So finding an analysis of, say 3.3.4.0, wouldn't help you getting approval for 3.3.6.1.

An extra hint: If you should get approval to use a compiled AutoIt script, use the compiler directives to disable compression. We see some false positive hits from lazy virus detection companies that assume anything compressed with UPX (the default) must be mal-ware.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law