TightVNC quiet install and settings

I found this code from website I have change a bit.

todo.pl "%c%\bin\AutoIt3.exe %c%\packages\tightvnc\tightvnc.au3"

todo.pl "%c%\real vnc\tightvnc-2.0-setup.exe /silent" "\"%ProgramFiles%\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe\" -install" "startup-type.pl automatic winvnc"

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default", "Password", "REG_BINARY", "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default", "PasswordViewOnly", "REG_BINARY", "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3", "DisableTrayIcon", "REG_DWORD", "1")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3", "AllowProperties", "REG_DWORD", "0")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3", "AllowShutdown", "REG_DWORD", "0")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3", "AllowEditClients", "REG_DWORD", "0")

I got error message to compile :-

Line 14 (File "c:\real vnc\tightvnc.au3"):

todo.pl"%c%\real vnc\tightvnc-2.0-setup.exe /silent" "\"%ProgramFiles%\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe\ " -install" "setup-type.pl automatic winvnc"

todo.pl"%c%\realvnc\tightvnc-2.0-setup.exe /silent" "\"^ERROR

Error: Unable to parse line.

Any ideas?

Rachel

If you're planning on pushing out TightVNC 1.3.9 or better I'd suggest making it a little easier on yourself. Instead of trying to write individual registry entries for each client via autoit, record the setup you want to deploy to the PC's using the /SAVEINF switch for TightVNC.

So on a clean machine without TightVNC installed you'd run your executable from the Run prompt like the following- "C:\ORL\tightvnc.exe" /SAVEINF . Then go through the installation making the configuration changes, password, etc. the way you want the clients to be setup and it'll save those changes in an .INF file in that same directory you run the install from. This way at the time of deployment you can just have AutoIt run any system check you want it to, then have TightVNC point to the custom configuration file somewhere on the network (or embedded within the compiled .exe if you want). Your silent installation command including switches to point to the .inf file would look like the following: "C:\ORL\TightVNC.exe" /LOADINF="Custom-TightVNC.inf" /SILENT

Of course it'll be named whatever you want to match your environment, but I hope that helps and gets you on a better track. Good luck!

• Developers

I got error message to compile :-

Line 14 (File "c:\real vnc\tightvnc.au3"):

todo.pl"%c%\real vnc\tightvnc-2.0-setup.exe /silent" "\"%ProgramFiles%\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe\ " -install" "setup-type.pl automatic winvnc"

todo.pl"%c%\realvnc\tightvnc-2.0-setup.exe /silent" "\"^ERROR

Error: Unable to parse line.

Any ideas?

Rachel

the shown line doesn't look like Autot3 syntax to me, hence the error.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)