Need Help with mouseclick

OK. I have a problem trying to get user input from an external program. I am trying to find when a user selects a button. I need to get this input and pass it in my autoit script within in a If Then Else. I have read, but to no avail. I am assuming that a ControlGetFocus might do the trick? Any Ideas??

OK.  I have a problem trying to get user input from an external program.  I am trying to find when a user selects a button.  I need to get this input and pass it in my autoit script within in a If Then Else.  I have read, but to no avail.  I am assuming that a ControlGetFocus might do the trick?  Any Ideas??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to put your test condition in a loop, i.e.:

while $id <> $desired_control_id
  $id = ControlGetFocus("name or variable of desired window")
  sleep(1); necessary for cpu util issues
Wend

now you know that the control is active

so you can do stuff

if you need to test multiple controls, use a while loop and then call functions for your hits based off of a select / case / end select group.... I find this to be easier to debug than a big bunch of nested if /else blocks.

Don't be afraid to try simple test cases that can answer your own question in a matter of seconds....

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.