Parrallel Processing

I am looking in to using ChildProc in my script, but I don't have a full grasp of how to use it. Can someone help me out? What I am trying to do is have a GUI that will continue to be responsive (displays a real-time clock) while it runs processes. Examples of processes are: searching for a file in directories or calling an executable and wait til finished. Is this the UDF that I need to be using? I downloaded the examples and I don't understand where I would put in my processes.

Not sure about that udf but couldn't you just use Run() with pre-compiled autoit scripts to do your other tasks?

no i can't do that bc there are other processes that require the results of the .exe. An example would be to rename the file then create a directory of based on that name. Lets say that i had a exe that renamed the file and then i had another process that would create a path for that file. But while this was happening i would like to take inventory of the directories that i already have.

also, if i wanted to turn one large search in to many smaller searches to increase speed.

Edited by grasshopper3