Activation of multiple copies of a window

I am new to autoit so bear with me - I tried searching but can't find an answer to my problem. I want to activate multiple copies of the same internet browser in succession using a script. This would preferably be multiple instances and not tabs - but if there is a way to use tabs effectively to identify the session than I would be interested. So the problem i have is they all have the same title, class, text and even instance. I have not been able to find a good way to select between them - I was thinking of something along using the handle - the only thing I can find that uniquely identifies each window. But I can't find a way to activate based on a handle and it is hard to query to get the handle because I would need to solve the activation problem first :/ Any ideas?

It would be nice to have up to 5-10 windows and be able to number them 1-5 or 1-10. If it would help I can use the script to open them but is not as desirable.

I saw that you can activate based on location or size, but am looking opening copies at specific locations as a plan B. Thanks for any help in advance!

• Moderators

python44,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :blink:

Handles are very definitely the way to go here - remmeber that whenever you see "Title", "Text" in a command, you can use the handle in place of "Title".

If you were to use the script to open the multiple instances (I know you say it is not as desirable) you could get the handles by using WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") once the browser window is open. Storing the handles in an array would make it really easy to loop through them later.

Does that give you enough to be going on with? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area