Automating a Sliverlight Component

Hi,

I'm trying to automate a Silverlight component with AutoIt and am struggling a bit. The first challenge is that I cannot press some buttons. What I tried so far:

First I tried the ControlClick function, but could not identify the control to click on. This was especially confusion, since the Au3Info tool only showed firefox, but not the controls in the silverlight component. UISpy on the other hand, was able to identify all the buttons, etc - but I was unable to come up with a valid identifier for autoit. Now I don't know if this is because AutoIt is unable to reach out to Silverlight Buttons, or if it's my noobness.

On http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#GridView/FirstLook I tried the following (besides many other combinations, that failed)

WinActivate("Telerik Grid for Silverlight - Mozilla Firefox")

Sleep(1000)

ControlFocus("Telerik Grid for Silverlight - Mozilla Firefox", "", "[CLASS:Button;TEXT:GridView]")

Then, I was going for relative mouse coordinates and tried:

ControlClick("Telerik Grid for Silverlight - Mozilla Firefox", "", "[CLASSNN:GeckoPluginWindow1]", "Left", 1, 641, 163)

The GeckoPluginWindow1 is the deepest control that Au3Info was able to identify. The ControlClick has some effect, the "GridView" Button is glowing green shortly, but the Button is not pressed. Does the Button need to be pressed longer?

I'd appreciate your help, what I am missing here. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Please download the Debug bar which will identify the internal explorer objects which will be used in automating.

DebugBar will only work on IE, it would be something like Firebug for Firefox.

But even at that, you might not see much. Just as when you look at a page full of Flash stuff, SilverLight objects might be just graphical black boxes without externally addressable elements.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law