How to start IE without any controls

Hi,

I would like to start Internet Explorer without menubar and without URL edit control. Reason: I just want to view a web page, without the ability for the user to surf to another URL. How can I do that. Sometimes when you surf the net, you'll get some pop-up ads with such a explorer window. Now, that I need it, I cannot find those dump sites, to spy on them ;-))

Thanks

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

start > run > iexplore -k

run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE -k")
That's good, but not exactly what I would like to have. I would prefer a resizable window, instead of a maximized window.

Thanks

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Hi guys,

this is the javascript code to do what I want. However, I have no idea how to do this in AutoIt.

<script>
<!--
function wopen(url, w, h)
{
        // Fudge factors for window decoration space.
    // In my tests these work well on all platforms & browsers.
        w += 32;
        h += 96;
    var win = window.open(url,
        'popup', 
        'width=' + w + ', height=' + h + ', ' +
        'location=no, menubar=no, ' +
        'status=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes');
    win.resizeTo(w, h);
    win.focus();
}
// -->
onload=wopen('http://www.sun.de', 640, 480);
</script>

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

Seems in IE is impossible to deal with toolbar/locationbar etc without additional ActiveX plugins. In Gecko object "window" have properties locationbar, toolbar e.t.c. so you can simple write "window.locationbar.visible = false", but not in IE. One close workaround is:

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<script language="Javascript">
  window.open('http://www.google.com', null,'height=480,width=640,top=50, left=50, menubar=0, toolbar=0, scrollbars=1');
  window.close()
</script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

But unfortunately IE show confirmation window here...