Sign in to follow this  
RedShirt

GUI to take dates, add data to another program

RedShirt

Good afternoon! I wanted to get some ideas from the community, as this is my first AutoIT program, and I'm wanting to make sure I'm on the right track before I spend a ton more time on this. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Why this program is written:

We currently receive reservation requests from customers to reserve equipment for class on days X, Y, Z from time A to time B. Time A & B will not change for these dates; however the dates will vary. We then manually type in all these dates, times, etc. This program will be used to minimize typing.

My program will:

• Present an interface where users can choose any number of dates (X, Y, Z, etc.) from today into the future; typically no more than 6 months.
  • They will also enter a start time (A) and end time (:blink: for the reservation
  • When done, they will hit "Submit" or OK
  • This will count the number of dates selected (Q - if needed?)
  • This will close the GUI and transport this data to another program running in RDP.
  • It will send the following to this program in RDP:

• Alt-N (pause) Tab Tab (etc) Paste the first selected date X, paste the start time A, enter.
  • Alt-N (pause) Tab Tab (etc) Paste the first selected date X, paste the end time B, enter.
  • Alt-N (pause) Tab Tab (etc) Paste the second selected date Y, paste the start time A, enter.
  • Alt-N (pause) Tab Tab (etc) Paste the second selected date Y, paste the end time, enter.
  • repeat this process until either the counter (Q) runs out, or all the selected dates are used.

Attached is what I have so far. I need to know how to pass the data from the GUI to the app running in RDP. I also need to add the "Start Time" and "End Time" global variables (i know how to do that, just cleaning up the code on the dates right now).

Thanks again!

Calendar.au3

Edited by RedShirt