World of Wacraft Script problem

I used to play WoW for quite some time. Blizzard has never said automation was against the rules, what they have consistently said was that if you're automating the game so that it runs while "you're not at the keyboard" it's against the rules. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that macroing, with things such as the G15 keyboards from Logitech, are perfectly "legal" in their game. They have even included G15 support IN the game program.

They also have one of the most extensive macroing and addon support available out of any game I have ever played. 1 button - 1 action is completely untrue as far as WoW goes. This automation being asked about here is not botting, it's auto-login to save the OPs time typing it in every time as far as I can see. If it goes beyond that, and he/she is looking to automate the gameplay with the press of a key then I'd have reservations against the help, but so far I don't see any problems.

Alright, would you mind reading ToS carefully before posting on this again, perhaps google the subject? thank you in advance.

and about the G15 keyboard, iam using one right now, and using the macro software in WoW is against the terms of use such as any automating within the world of warcraft. If you just google g15 WoW you get several people posting about getting their acc banned for using this AND alot blizzard posters saying that this is AGAINST the ToS and can get you banned...

Edited by Tyranlol
[u]Only by Attempting the Impossible You Can Earn the Remarkable[/u]

Not sure why this is such a hard concept to understand for some people...

If a game's EULA or TOS explicitly mention bots are not allowed, discussing ways to automate that game is not allowed here. Likewise, if a game features an online multiplayer component and you are attempting to automate it, discussion of such bots is not allowed here. If you create a thread to automate a game you need to make sure the game doesn't explicitly forbid it and that it does not feature multiplayer. Any game bot related thread may be closed for any reason. Repeatedly creating threads if your previous thread was closed will result in your removal from the site. Particularly egregious threads that clearly flaunt this announcement will be met with your removal from this site.

Play it safe, don't discuss game bots here.

So simply put:

1. It's a multiplayer game

2. Automatically logging on, is a form of automation

So regardless if it's again the game's ToS, it's against the forum rules...

-Aaron

Edited by FlyinRiz

Alright I was reluctant to jump into this since WoW is a horrible hack of a game, who's only contribution was it's ability to bring new people into the genre, but you guys are being retarded. It's logging in!!!! Not playing the game. The login server is not even the same one as the game server, technically you are not really playing on it just authenticating and getting passed to a server. One could argue that the part you are automating is not multi-player at all since the individual connections to the login server do not see each other. All this despite the fact that it offers no unfair advantage to a player once he is in the game. Wish I could use some profanity here because you guys are being ****s.

Alright I was reluctant to jump into this since WoW is a horrible hack of a game, who's only contribution was it's ability to bring new people into the genre, but you guys are being retarded. It's logging in!!!! Not playing the game. The login server is not even the same one as the game server, technically you are not really playing on it just authenticating and getting passed to a server. One could argue that the part you are automating is not multi-player at all since the individual connections to the login server do not see each other. All this despite the fact that it offers no unfair advantage to a player once he is in the game. Wish I could use some profanity here because you guys are being ****s.

You obviously don't know much about World of Warcraft nor about Warden, as Warden (blizzards anti - cheat software) is running separately, and is also running while you aren't online. and to clear out things about being an ass as you said, i know how many that is cheating in wow and i ain't gonna support that.. End of conversation as world of warcraft is an online game, and you are trying to automate it AND you are actually connected to battle.net even before you login...
[u]Only by Attempting the Impossible You Can Earn the Remarkable[/u]

You shouldn't be looking for auto-login to WoW because you should be using an authenticator.

As for this not being against the ToS? It is, it's against the Battle.net ToS and WoW uses Battle.net, so...

Thread locked. Read the announcements next time before you start posting.