How does Koda track script for update?

jayterry

I first posted this question in General Support forum, but no answer and I'm thinking this is the more appropriate place anyway.

What I'm trying to find out is about the feature in Koda that identifies the source file for a form, the feature that enables the Update Script function and puts the indicator on the form icon. I don't think that the "Form=..." on the #Region statement is what does it. So it seems Koda has to store that script name somewhere. I've created a form for testing and for the life of me I can't find where in the world it stores the associated script name. I can't find it in the .kxf or fd.xml or styles.xml or the registry or any indicator in the source file (the .au3 that Koda generated). I even looked to see if maybe it was in an alternate stream in the .kxf file.

After continuing to search the form, I found some mention of Koda actually reading thru all the scripts to find the one associated with the open form. Can that be the answer? When you open a form, does it search all scripts in the current working directory to see if one has a Koda region statement with that form name in it? Is that what turns on the Update Script function?

Any explanation or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

When you open a form, does it search all scripts in the current working directory to see if one has a Koda region statement with that form name in it? Is that what turns on the Update Script function?

Thanks

Yes.

There is a separate section for Koda so that is obviously a better placve to post questions about it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thank you very much. It was really bugging me to not know how Koda was managing to link the form to the script. I kept thinking it just HAD to be stored somewhere, but apparently not.

You mentioned a "separate section for Koda". Do you just mean this forum for "GUI Help and Support", or is there somewhere else I didn't notice?

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Look at the top of this forum for the thread for Koda.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator