How to use AutoIt to remotely control a computer through http

Yes it is possible. There are several ways.

For full control wont be an easy task but there are many free

remote control solutions available. What exactly do you want to remote control?

We have an agent on client computer. This agent communicates with Tomcat server on the technical support site through web services (SOAP). Tech support needs to have a way to manage the agent, such as change configuration, run scripts, start/shutdown some programs, or even configure client's computer settings. Because of firewall and other security reasons, no direct TCP/IP program should be used, and the only way that allowed is through https.

For example you can write your own agent in Autoit to be installed on the client computer

that can get commands from a console on the tomcat server to do all that.

It is a very smart idea to have an agent installed on client computer. One thing I am not quite clear: " (agent) can get commands from a console"? What kind of console is it? How can tech support send command to this console? Could you give more hints?

It is a very smart idea to have an agent installed on client computer. One thing I am not quite clear: " (agent) can get commands from a console"? What kind of console is it? How can tech support send command to this console? Could you give more hints?

Never mind. I figured it out: web service can be used to do that.

If you look around there are more ways - you can make it even without tomcat server.

Just create a client installed on the client PC and master app that the support guys can use

from any PC connected on the same network. Communication via UDP/telnet for example.