Script Pausing

Hi,

I have a script that initiates a "Print to Adobe, Acrobat", but when it does it pauses my script and does not complete the script routine?

This is my code

$i = 0
$repeats = InputBox("Repeats", "How many loops?", "")
While ($i < $repeats)
    _WinWaitActivate("Catalog - Orders", "")
    MouseClick("left", 301, 13, 1)
    MouseClick("left", 70, 136, 1)
    MouseClick("right", 70, 136, 1)
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}")
    _WinWaitActivate("Mail", "")
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{TAB}{TAB}{HOME}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{SHIFTDOWN}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}{ESC}")
    _WinWaitActivate("Catalog - Orders", "")
    Send("{ALTDOWN}ts{ALTUP}")
    _WinWaitActivate("Select Print Destination", "")
    Sleep(100)
    Send("{ALTDOWN}p{ALTUP}")
    _WinWaitActivate("Save PDF File As", "")
    Sleep(100)
    Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{BACKSPACE}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}")
    _WinWaitActivate("esafetysigns.co.uk Order FB26DG10000520.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro", "")
    Sleep(9000)
    Send("{CTRLDOWN}q")
    $i = ($i + 1)
WEnd

I am using SLEEP to slow AutoIt down to allow the program its working with to "catch up", however the final SLEEP, Sleep(9000), doesn't finish?

The rest of the scipt is simply mouse moves around a screen to grab, COPY and PASTE, the relevant filenames required to SAVE AS.

The SAVE AS works fine, Acrobat opens, but I cannot close Acrobat using Send("{CTRLDOWN}q"), and when I check the Script status in the task bar, it indicates Script Paused?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Simon.

P.S. I have tried many different length SLEEPS at the end and none of them work.

_WinWaitActivate ? A new function ? Posted Image

And simplify your Send : {RIGHT 41} instead of "RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}"

Same for DOWN, LEFT etc...

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

OK, done the mods, nice one.

I think whats happening is this line is not always going to be the same:

_WinWaitActivate("esafetysigns.co.uk Order FB26DG10000520.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro", "")

as different files to SAVE AS could be esafetysigns.co.uk Order AB15CD10000521.pdf and so on 522, 523, etc

How do I close Adobe Acrobat Pro irresective of the file thats open in it?

I tried

_WinWaitActivate("Adobe Acrobat Pro", "")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}q")

but, didn't work?

Thanks, Simon.

_WinWaitActivate ? A new function ? Posted Image

And simplify your Send : {RIGHT 41} instead of "RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}"

Same for DOWN, LEFT etc...

Btw, this man as me, just used recorder, so I dont know why but recorder always create this new function while activating and disactivating any windows.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it but its still not having any of it.

Printing as a PDF is causing a problem I can't get around, sticky?

Any more ideas appreciated?

Hi Simon,

if you are still looking here is how I solved a similar issue:

;Print PDF ======================================================================>>>
        WinActivate("sani_protocol.pdf")
        WinWaitActive("sani_protocol.pdf")
        Sleep(300)
        Send("^p")
        Sleep(300)
        WinWait("Print", "", 5)
        WinWaitActive("Print")
        Send("{ENTER}") ;cancels print for testing purposes============>>>
        ;ControlClick("Print", "Rotate and Center", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:17]")
        Sleep(500)
        WinActivate("sani_protocol.pdf")
        WinWaitActive("sani_protocol.pdf")
        Sleep(300)
        WinKill("sani_protocol.pdf")
        Sleep(1000)
        ;Print PDF ======================================================================>>>