Can I manage this kind of window ?

oneLess

You'll have to click it by X/Y coordinates. Be aware of the Opt() setting for "MouseCoordMode" so you can get the values right.

You might also use ControlSend() instead by either sending "!o" or "{ENTER}".

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You'll have to click it by X/Y coordinates. Be aware of the Opt() setting for "MouseCoordMode" so you can get the values right.

You might also use ControlSend() instead by either sending "!o" or "{ENTER}".

;)

thank you @PsaltyDS for your answer.

it is not what i am looking for,

i want to manage a lot of windows with a lot of tabs and a lot of different controls.

it is BitDefender Internet Security 2011 setup .

the image attached above has only one control, just a small and simplistic sample .

any other hint ?

BitDefender (and many other apps) draw their own controls instead of calling the standard Windows APIs. Where this is done, AutoIt is limited because it was coded to use the standard APIs. If you must do it this way, then you'll have to create a klunky work-around for each type of control.

Another option is to see if the application provides an automation interface apart from the GUI, or even its own embedded scripting language. These would be app-specific and have to be researched on a case-by-case basis.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

BitDefender (and many other apps) draw their own controls instead of calling the standard Windows APIs....

;)

i found inside bitdefender install kit [ is a zip file]

a file named htmlayout.dll ,

digitally signed by bitdefender ,

but by Terra Informatica Software, Inc., British Columbia, Canada.,

857KB

this is from their site http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/

HTMLayout: fast, lightweight and embeddable HTML/CSS renderer and layout manager component

Currently HTMLayout is installed and works on more than 6,700,000 PCs in various software products of various companies.

This means that almost 43 thousands users per day download and install HTMLayout based products.

HTMLayout uses its own lightweight HTML rendering engine which gives your applications:

1. Fast HTML rendering with very short readiness times.

2. HTML and CSS enhanced for screen layout tasks. %% units and expandable backgrounds allow to use more flexible and "screen oriented" layout schemas.

3. Custom behaviors API allow you to define how HTML elements will be drawn, react on keyboard and mouse events.

4. Low level interaction with the host application. No intermediate component technologies involved. Just pure API calls, like in any other native Windows common controls.

HtmLayout uses WM_NOTIFY mechanism for interacting with the host window.

5. Small distribution size: HtmLayout.dll is about 600KB uncompressed.

6. No dependencies from installed browsers on client PC.

now , can i use this informations to control this API ? with its WM_NOTIFY ?

can do this autoIt ?