Newbi problem with ControlSend

Some one got any idea what is wrong with code below

$WebiURL = "http://www.abc.com"
$y = WebiCheck($WebiURL)
MsgBox(4096, "Test", $y)

Func WebiCheck($URL)
    $x = 0
    Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE")
    winwaitactive("Welcome to 3M Source - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by 3M/IE 6.0")
    $x = ControlFocus( "Welcome to 3M Source - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by 3M/IE 6.0", "", 41477)
    $x = ControlSend( "Welcome to 3M Source - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by 3M/IE 6.0", "", 41477, $URL)
    return $x
EndFunc

Control gets the focus but text $URL isn't entered in the control

Thx 4 your help

Foolke

Replace ControlSend with ControlSetText

I don't know why this doesn't work either -- I would have expected it to.

However, I found references in other threads to using ControlSetText instead of ControlSend for this control (I searched the forum for the string 41477) and it works (same syntax as ControlSend by the way).

I had the same results when I tried to set the Google search bar text field.

Something is different about these controls and the way that ControlSetText and ControlSend work -- perhaps there is someone else that can provide a clue as to why this is?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble