Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdWilson

Retrieve Router Name - Good Method?

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm new to, and thrilled with, AutoIt. Thanks to the authors, and thanks to everyone in the community that makes this work!

I'm looking for a way to capture the user-defined router name that a laptop might be connected to via wifi ("Bud's Wifi", "Matt's Lan", "Starbuck's Hotspot", etc). I'm wanting to record it in a log file of an internet connection test utility.

I've looked through MattyD's Native Wifi UDF thread pretty thoroughly and probably spent over an hour otherwise looking for this - no dice so far - I'm hoping that I just don't have the right search terms.

So, how does one get the router name to which you are currently connected?

Thanks,

Ed

if it matters, the laptops that this script will be used on are using an Intel ProSet Wireless management tool on XP sp3.

Edited by EdWilson

Guess you are after SSID rather than router's name.

And the answer is there in that UDF, it is not obvious but if you search long enough you can find it.

Have a look at ":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::QueryInterface:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::" in this post #658761 (the code box) and you will see that it returns a big chunk of informations about a specific interface (which in your case is the wireless adapter).

Have a play with that and your problem will be solved.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Hi Ed,

using an Intel ProSet Wireless management tool

For a few of those functions (long forgotten which ones)to work windows needs to be in control of managing your wireless card. make sure windows zero config is running - "net start wzcsvc" from the cmd prompt - and autoconfig is enabled - check out _Wlan_SetInterface().

Cheers,

Matt