Change MAC Address

MrDude

Hello AutoIt,

I am a new user but not new to AutoIt I have been following the basics for a few years now off and on. I am trying to write a windows script that would allow me to change the MAC Address of the NIC that gets the PC out to the internet. I have found various command line tools out there that do just that. but they all need to know what the name of the network card. How can I change the MAC Address of the NIC without propting for anything? I am currenly using MACSHITFT.EXE to change the MAC Address in windows xp. The problem that I face is the MACSHIFT.EXE needs to know the name of the network card as windows see it such as "Local Area Network Connection" in order to change that MAC to a different one.

Haven that said I need to know how to identifiy how to get the mac address of the NIC that gets my PC out to the internet and set the MAC as a $VAR? I have 3 different NICs in my PC and only one of them gets me out to the internet. I only need to change the MAC of the NIC that gets me out to the internet. Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much,

Brett Craighead