New ABC Encryption 2.0!

datkewlguy

I remember the last encryption tool you done datkewlguy, where I asked you a question about 'where' it is most encrypted. I'll ask again :(.

With this new version, is the most encrypted return going to be the first returned?

Ok... let me rephrase that lol.

Eg encryption...

lol > nnq > spp > rur > ttw

Is 'nnq' going to be the most encrypted? With your last version, if I remember correctly, the encryption would loop. If you encrypted something, and kept encrypting it would eventually return to the original text, is this the same?

qq

it should be... it uses the square root to determine a 'safe' amount of encryption, for instance, if you encrypted a 2 chr word, it wouldnt encrypt it 50 times and go over itself multiple times. I'm not sure where the max level falls however.

>datkewlguy: '...it is fairly slow, if people could come up with suggestions on how to speed it up [dramatically] that would be greatly appreciated.'

The following is quick & simple - each original character is converted into a 2chr Hex value (with shift). NB This does mean that the encrypted string is twice the length of the original.

Not sure exactly what you're after re: encryption level and on-screen display, but anyway...

1] Replace the While...Wend 'decrypt' and 'encrypt' case section with:

Case $msg = $decrypt ;--- Start Decryption ---;

$sz_enc = GUICtrlRead($edit)

$sz_tmptxt = ""

GUICtrlSetData($edit, "")

GUICtrlSetData($edit, "Unscrambling...")

$sz_tmptxt = _Unscramble($sz_enc)

GUICtrlSetData($edit, $sz_tmptxt) ;--- End Decryption ---;

Case $msg = $encrypt ;--- Start Encryption ---;

$sz_dec = GUICtrlRead($edit)

$sz_tmptxt = ""

GUICtrlSetData($edit, "Scrambling...")

$sz_tmptxt = _Scramble($sz_dec)

GUICtrlSetData($edit, $sz_tmptxt) ;--- End Encryption ---;

2] Replace the _Scramble and _Unscramble functions with:

Func _Scramble($sText)

;; Scramble a text string.

; Simple encryption method - convert plain text to encrypted hex string

Local $iLen = StringLen($sText)

$Scrambled = ""

For $i1 = 1 To $iLen

$HexSecret = Hex(Mod(Asc(StringMid($sText,$i1,1))+128, 256),2) ; Ensure all hex is 2 chrs

$Scrambled = $Scrambled & $HexSecret

Next

Return $Scrambled

EndFunc ;==>_Scramble

Func _Unscramble($sText)

;; De-Scramble a Scrambled text that was scrambled by _Scramble.

; Simple decryption method - convert encrypted hex string to plain text

Local $iLen = StringLen($sText)

$Unscrambled = ""

If Mod($iLen, 2) = 0 Then ; Secret text length *must* be an even no. (should be already)

For $i1=1 To Int($iLen/2) ; Do 2chrs at a time

$Unscrambled = $Unscrambled & Chr(Mod(Dec(StringMid($sText,($i1*2)-1,2))+128,256))

Next

EndIf

$sText = $Unscrambled

Return $sText

EndFunc ;==>_Unscramble

3] The following functions are no longer needed:

_IsAlpha($sz_str)

normalize ($character)

unnormalize($character)

FixVerticalTab($sz_t)

Cheers,

Pete.

that would maybe solve our speed problem, but i really hate inflating the string. If anything, im trying to compress it. I think that doing this your way, while perhaps solving one problem, creates more, as certain programs have limits on message size, this would also restrict users to half the chr size they normally would have, with the same message. I fear that other problems would arise as well... If you can figure out a way to do this without messing up string length, let me know...

yeah i was thinking of adding a password feature onto this one, RSA uses keys as well, maybe ill look a bit into this. Or another way i could do the encryption thing, would be to just attach your password onto the end of the string before encrypting. Then, you must enter a password, then decrypt, if the password at the end (after encrypting) matches the one entered, then it will reveal the cleartext without the password... What do you think of that idea?

yeah i was thinking of adding a password feature onto this one, RSA uses keys as well, maybe ill look a bit into this. Or another way i could do the encryption thing, would be to just attach your password onto the end of the string before encrypting. Then, you must enter a password, then decrypt, if the password at the end (after encrypting) matches the one entered, then it will reveal the cleartext without the password... What do you think of that idea?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on how you implement that it may or may not work. I have been just silently following this topic. I am sure you know you would have to decrypt the password and then check to see if the string contains the password they entered, but that would leave the text decrypted so therefore unsafe... not that most people would even know how to get to it.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Depending on how you implement that it may or may not work. I have been just silently following this topic. I am sure you know you would have to decrypt the password and then check to see if the string contains the password they entered, but that would leave the text decrypted so therefore unsafe... not that most people would even know how to get to it.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how would anyone get to it? it would just decrypt it inside itself, meaning that only the program could read it, and it would be for a fraction of a second, just enough time to check the password. Nothing would be visible to the user until the password was verified and correct...

i cut the time for the encryption in half! Very noticable in large strings. The problem was the scramble function, which i now scramble half the amount as last time (i think that's all that's necessary) anyways, code updated in first post, any more comments would be great, im gonna get started on that password thing now.

there was an error in the previous version when your password had enters in it and u decrypted it with the wrong password, it has been fixed above.

EDIT: made the blank password outcome more secure, also, thanks to Helge, made it so that when you click on the password box it clears for you. Thanks to everyone else as well, sorry to keep bringing this topic up, i think ill just work on it myself now since i dont think anyone is still interested. But anyways, thankyou all for your help.

Edited by datkewlguy

• 9 months later...

Simply brilliant! DEFINITELY among the best AutoIt based encryption programs. Excellent user interface (cool slide-in effects), and it really slow for an average sized email! GREAT WORK!

*EDIT*

no, given its high level of security, its really not slow at all, even for LARGE emails!

Edited by Moonchild