Window Info Tool Only Shows Groupings

John4

I have this rather extensive app that I have been working with, and on, for years. It's been pretty excellent. It automates report creation by automating a commercial application. Today when I opened it up to make another automated report I find that the Window Info tool won't give me the information for any control that's in a grouping. It will show the grouping and any controls outside of the groupings. Any suggestions?

On a side and less important note, at some point I installed the Microsoft File Transfer Manager and it has locked out the Ctrl-Alt-F key combination for itself. That kind of stinks.

Thanks, John

When you say Grouping, do you mean like a Toolbar and not individual buttons? If so, you can Control click that Toolbar with coordinates to click the appropriate button. As long as the Toolbar size remains the same, this will work. You can also figure out any proportion changes and click the appropriate proportional coordinates. I had to do this when automating TMPGEnc XPress like this:

ControlClick('[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress; CLASS:TMainForm.UnicodeClass]', '', 'TRLPanel.UnicodeClass10', 'left', 1, 350, 29)

I used to do coordinates and have had improved success by using the control IDs. Though agreed, with menus I still have to use coordinates to get started. Though, what I am referring to is when a dialog pops up (from the commercial software) with a lot of options (radio buttons, check boxes and drop down lists). Some of these items are grouped into two groups on the dialog popup surrounded by a light line. You can actually create these groupings with AutoIt for an interface we create. Anyway, I am trying to use the Window Tool to see the Control IDs of items in these groupings on this dialog. It used to work. Now it just sees (highlights) the grouping and not the items within it. Does this help?

John