"Debug to MsgBox"

Most likely a SciTE bug...

$a = 0
$b = 1

Put the cursor at the start of line 2, just before "$b" and hit Ctrl-Shift-d to insert a debug MsgBox().

$a = 0
$b = 1
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber,'Selection:' & @lf & '
$b' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & 
$b) ;### Debug MSGBOX

Updated post to conform to PsaltyDS's sensible approach.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

All you need is this to demo:

$a = 0
$b = 1

Put the cursor at the start of line 2, just before "$b" and hit Ctrl-Shift-d to insert a debug MsgBox().

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

All you need is this to demo:

$a = 0
$b = 1

;)

Yeah, that's a much better example. Lulz, when I was here earlier today I wasn't exactly ready for primetime.

Um, yeah, no Ok, yeah, well, I wouldn't use it for something so small. A couple of well placed print statements will do the trick.

Anyways, it isn't earth shattering just something to look out for if you use 'debug to msgbox'

Edited by jaberwocky6669

• Developers

Uploaded a updated AutoItTools.lua which removes any CR or LF characters from the debug statement.

Give it a try to see if that works for you too.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Worked for me. Output:

$a = 0
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber,'Selection:' & @lf & '$a' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $a) ;### Debug MSGBOX
$b = 1
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber,'Selection:' & @lf & '$b' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $b) ;### Debug MSGBOX

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yup, works fer me!

Thanks once again Jos. I hope you didn't work too hard to fix that bug, oh lordy. Because, you know, the fate of mankind's future rested in the balance. ;)

Well gosh, since I'm on a roll. If you use Trace: Add trace lines. Save the file. And then Trace: Remove all trace lines it takes all of the blank lines with it too. I know I could just ctrl-z.

Edited by jaberwocky6669