CMenu

MHz

Hi Mhz,

Thank you for the great tool you created.

It can do what I want my script to do.

Unfortunately your script is so multi-functional and advanced that I cannot take what I need from there.

I want to create a single context-menu option, that when selected by the user after right-clicking on a file or folder, starts a script or function with the full path as input.

I know this can be done, because I can get a similar result with the Path To Clipboard option in your tool.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me on my way by providing a sample code that puts the path on the clipboard, the rest I can manage myself.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,

Jasper de Fockert.

• 1 month later...

It can do what I want my script to do.

Unfortunately your script is so multi-functional and advanced that I cannot take what I need from there.

I want to create a single context-menu option, that when selected by the user after right-clicking on a file or folder, starts a script or function with the full path as input.

I know this can be done, because I can get a similar result with the Path To Clipboard option in your tool.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me on my way by providing a sample code that puts the path on the clipboard, the rest I can manage myself.

Sorry for a very late reply. I did not see these replies. :">

IF what you done on the main branch of a contextmenu, then it is an easy event to handle as windows uses commandline parameters in file and folder associations. If you want to create a sub branch, then you would need a shell extension like I use from here. Just send me a PM if you still are interested in some help. :)

I have added and fixed some items in the latest v2.5 release here.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated to v2.6

Updated with PEiD v0.94.

Updated with MyUninstaller v1.34.

Updated Constants Generator to also search for newstyle (split) GuiConstant Include files in AutoIt v3.2.0.1.

Added Classes by Text by LxP

Fixed Ini2Au3 bug.

:P

Thanks Briegel, rambo3889 and everyone else I may have missed.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for a very late reply. I did not see these replies. :">

IF what you done on the main branch of a contextmenu, then it is an easy event to handle as windows uses commandline parameters in file and folder associations. If you want to create a sub branch, then you would need a shell extension like I use from here. Just send me a PM if you still are interested in some help. :D

I have added and fixed some items in the latest v2.5 release here.

hey, are you still working on this.. could you pm me how you made the Subbranch in the context menu.. 3,000+ lines of code is hard to come by.. :)

this is very awesome btw.

Edited by mrRevoked
Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Yeah, I would be interested in a simple way to add options to a context menu when say, a file is right-clicked..

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

hey, are you still working on this.. could you pm me how you made the Subbranch in the context menu.. 3,000+ lines of code is hard to come by.. :)

this is very awesome btw.

I have spent little time on it as SendToA3X has evolved from this project and absorbs my time that CMenu used to have. The source code is open for view and you will notice that I use CMExt.dll registered with the system to create the sub menus. Html style tags are used to add each entry into the registry by using the _Entry() function. You maybe able to see the registry entries if you look in the key "HKCU\Software\Revenger inc.\CMenuExtender\Contents00_More Options". You could also try to export the entries by using the /export switch on CMenu.exe.

Yeah, I would be interested in a simple way to add options to a context menu when say, a file is right-clicked..

The easiest way is to use the SendTo menu as you just need a shortcut to pass the path to your executable. Using a shell extension can range in differculty and you may find CMExt.dll alittle confusing, but easier since I have already made the functions to cope with it.

If either of you guy's need further help to continue then please PM me with concise questions so I maybe able to give adequate replies.

:D

• 4 months later...

Hi,

beside SciTe my most often used tool. Works perfect together with Total Commander. Thanks.

Question: I work often with CMD batch jobs. Transfering files into Intranet, SAP Colaboration Rooms, command line tools, ...

If something not work I type the command direct in the cmd box and I miss a copy command to get a start up and sometimes the commands a very long. So far as I know there is no copy clipboard command in a cmd box - or?

Suggestion: Now I wrote a short (quick) script to write the clipboard content into the CMD box. Are you interested to put such a tool into the CMenu? I would like it. It can be improved and also I would like the options: type binary, type hex, where normal text should be standard.

Please let me know if you want take it as standard and when: if you take over or if I shall do it?

HTH, Reinhard

;Write Clipboard Content to forground Window
DIM $check =""
$txt = ClipGet()

$Ok = msgbox(1,"Write - Place cursor on Window",$txt)
    if $OK = 2 then Exit

for $i = 1 to Stringlen($txt)
    $char = stringmid($txt,$i,1)
    send($char)
    $check &= $char

next

msgbox(0,"Write - Done",$Txt &@cr &$check)

#cs
Test
copy o:\_XyZ abc\Test pdf.pdf
copy o:\_XyZ abc\Test pdf.pdf
#ce

Hi,

beside SciTe my most often used tool. Works perfect together with Total Commander. Thanks.

Question: I work often with CMD batch jobs. Transfering files into Intranet, SAP Colaboration Rooms, command line tools, ...

If something not work I type the command direct in the cmd box and I miss a copy command to get a start up and sometimes the commands a very long. So far as I know there is no copy clipboard command in a cmd box - or?

Hi Reinhard,

The CMD box does support copy and paste. The CMD box does not support accelerated keys i.e. Alt + V.

To copy select text from a CMD box, right click on the CMD box and select "mark" from the context menu. Put your curser on the start point and hold down the primary mouse button and drag the mouse until the end of the selection. Press the Enter key to copy the selection to the clipboard.

To paste text to a CMD box, right click on the CMD box and select paste from the context menu.

Suggestion: Now I wrote a short (quick) script to write the clipboard content into the CMD box. Are you interested to put such a tool into the CMenu? I would like it. It can be improved and also I would like the options: type binary, type hex, where normal text should be standard.

Please let me know if you want take it as standard and when: if you take over or if I shall do it?

HTH, Reinhard

Thanks for the code.

Windows does not seem low equipped with copy and paste actions in this area so I would need to understand the good concept of having a paste from clipboard feature included. Do you use binary or hex pasting often enough to make use of it?

:)

The CMD box does support copy and paste. The CMD box does not support accelerated keys i.e. Alt + V.

To paste text to a CMD box, right click on the CMD box and select paste from the context menu.

Hi,

thanks for the info. I didn't know that. It seems my DOS knowledge are slightly rusty.

Do you use binary or hex pasting often enough to make use of it?

Mostly for a quick view I use the "lister" tool from total commander to view as text, binary or hex.

But from time to time I found/find it usefull if I could translate some small text direct as binary or hex on the fly (without starting my spreadsheet program or whatever). I thought that only as option ("nice to have") to "Write Clipboard" content.

With the info I got from you I think there is no need to integrate my basic script general into CMenu.

Perhaps I add this 2 lines to my script and put it into the Total Commander menu.

..... for the case I don't remember to "right mouse click" ;-) .

Thanks for your feedback, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

• 1 month later...

This link in the basenote was broken. I found CMenu 2.6 here: http://www.4shared.com/file/24098929/6b0f0a2c/CMenu_v26.html

I'm sure MHz will come back and update soon...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

My apologies for not updating the link and any inconvenience that it may have caused :"> . The old homepage does not exist anymore and I have setup a new homepage to help with sharing.

Thank you Dale for the effort of searching and supplying a working link. That is the official download link at present.

<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Summary:

Windows Add-ons change occurred.

This agent monitors the various ways which permit software to be started when other features in Windows are in use.

Path:

C:\Program Files\CMenu\CMExt.dll

Detected changes:

clsid:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{ABC70703-32AF-11d4-90C4-D483A70F4825}

regkey:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{ABC70703-32AF-11d4-90C4-D483A70F4825}

regkey:

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CMenuExtender

contextmenu:

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CMenuExtender

file:

C:\Program Files\CMenu\CMExt.dll

Advice:

Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Publisher:

Revenger inc.

Digitally Signed By:

NOT SIGNED

Product name:

Not available

Description:

CMenuExtender

Original name:

Not available

Creation date:

5/17/2005 6:02 AM

Size:

46592 bytes

Version:

Type:

application

Checkpoint:

Context Menu Handlers

Category:

Not Yet Classified

Nevar!

[acronym="I pee FREELY!"][spoiler]Hello.[/spoiler][/acronym]

I haven't used this program, but for those that have: how would you compare it to the freeware program FileMenu Tools available from here? It looks to me like several if not all of the tools available through CMenu could be added to FileMenu Tools easily enough, so what might CMenu do for me that could not be added to FileMenu Tools?

Edited by Klaatu
My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!

• 6 months later...

Any chance of getting comments in the source? there's a bunch of stuff in here that leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the point of the function is (_char() for instance seems to just return quotes based on whether a key is pressed at the time of execution or not, but it doesn't explain what it's looking for). I'm sure we can all reverse engineer this wonderful code, but a few comments here and there throughout the shifty parts would be great.

By the way - your code has saved my life many times. I love it! :)

“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”-Peter F. Drucker

Any chance of getting comments in the source? there's a bunch of stuff in here that leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the point of the function is (_char() for instance seems to just return quotes based on whether a key is pressed at the time of execution or not, but it doesn't explain what it's looking for). I'm sure we can all reverse engineer this wonderful code, but a few comments here and there throughout the shifty parts would be great.

By the way - your code has saved my life many times. I love it! :)

Thanks. I will look into adding more comments if I do update CMenu to a new version. I am considering a minor update. I have been working recently on updating SendToA3X to v1.7 which similar to CMenu but uses the built in SendTo menu. I may update CMenu next. :)

Thanks !!!

Thanks for your expression of appreciation. :)

• 6 months later...

link broken. anyone can attach it plz ?

j.

Edit: found it here

seems impressing ... wow ... a real masterpiece. i like it - no includes !

should be said : explorer.exe needs to be restarted to make it work

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

• 4 months later...